Monday, January 25, 2021

How to Make a Cowardly Lion Costume

Also, I attached the hood so that he can’t pull it off. An easy and comfortable family Halloween costume idea that starts with a pair of pajamas. I pinned and sewed the curved edges and flipped them right side out. I folded in the sides a bit to make the ears curl forward and stitched straight across to hold. Wear yellow gloves and fur lined boots to complete the look.

how to make lion costume at home

Actually I didn’t because after buying the pattern, material, thread, Velcro, elastic, felt, ribbon and fur yarn, it came to around $45. For my son’s first adventure with trick-or-treating I decided to make him a lion costume. His room has two murals of African animals so I thought this was perfect.

Creating a Lion’s Tail

Use fabric glue or sew a brown felt oval to the stomach of the costume. Find a piece of flattened cardboard and trace out a set of bat wings using a pencil. The wings should be size-appropriate for the dog that will be wearing them.

how to make lion costume at home

One day, I was just browsing through the costumes at the local thrift shop. Originally, I had planned to just allow my daughter to use it as a costume for her dress-up trunk. However, she wore it so much, so I began concocting a Halloween surprise. This lion costume only took me about three hours to make and most of that time was spent trying to sew the zipper and removing the feet and putting them back on. This pattern is great; it shows you how to make the mane very easily and quickly.

Majestic Mane

The VIVREAL Lion Mane Costume for Dog is the perfect costume for medium to large sized dogs. Let your dog be the Lion King with this well-built mane made from 100% pure polyester. There are no holes for your pet’s ears, but the polyester-silk lined inside of the wig will not irritate them. The ears do not get crushed while wearing the costume because the drawstring pulls tight in front of the ears.

how to make lion costume at home

Then, I glued the ears on, glued the ribbons on and filled in with the fur yarn. I didn’t know how to make the mane so I did the best I could. I made pom poms but didn’t cut the ends and glued them on around the ribbons. After doing all that I hand sewed each one on to make sure it stayed. Use either white fabric paint or white felt to create the bones.

How do you make a Dalmatian costume?

If your pet does chew it up, there are no harmful dyes or metals to hurt your pet. It looks and feels well constructed, it does not shed any fur, and the fastener straps are firmly sown into the costume and will last for many years of use. The Pet Krewe Lion Mane Cat & Small Dog Costume is an adorable costume that is sure to be a favorite among small dog and cat owners. The Alfie Pet Noah Lion Dog & Cat Recovery Collar is a cool costume for your pet to wear while recovering from an injury. The cute one-piece outfit will help get your pet some extra attention to help lift its spirits while it recovers from an injury.

how to make lion costume at home

To create the lion tail, I cut a strip of yellow fleece a bit longer than the desired tail length. I folded the strip in half and placed a strip of scrap fabric down the center to make turning easier. I sewed the open edge of the strip closed and pulled the fleece tube right-side out. A scrap of fur fabric was added onto the end of the tail. The tail was hand-stitched onto the butt of the costume.

Your king can perform knighting ceremonies and order more treats once he has his scepter. No king costume can be complete without a crown, and the king of the jungle is no exception. A crown will make an excellent accessory to any lion outfit, and it’s not too hard to acquire. This costume is very lightweight and will not bog down or tire out your pet. The soft, plush fabric will allow your pet to eat and drink regularly, while the material remains firm and will not bend.

how to make lion costume at home

Enjoy this collection of the most adorably fierce lion costume ideas! Learn how to create the most majestic manes for your little one this Halloween. You’ll also find loads of homemade costume ideas and DIY Halloween costume inspiration. Use a sewing machine or hand stitch the fabric together around the edges. This one size fit all costume is put on your dog using an elastic drawstring around the head and some buttons around the front legs.

Are dogs scared of costumes?

Many times the simple answer can be the best answer, and something that is not hard to create or keep on your pet is often the best choice. This time we are going to look at the best costumes to make your pet look like a lion. I came up with this costume idea last year when my grandson was 1-year old and too small for a standard costume. I figured this year he could probably pull it off so I made it and I am so glad I did because he looks so cute. First, we put the lion costume on with the hood back. I then stuffed her slip-on sandals inside the slippers and had her stick her foot inside.

Sure it will fall off in a few minutes, and hopefully, your pet won’t chew it up, but it will be a lot of fun while it lasts. Want to dress your dog like the “King of the Jungle? Make this adorable sea turtle baby Halloween costume with my free pattern and tutorial. Plus I show you how to convert the costume into a stuffed animal after Halloween. For last year’s baby sea turtle costume, I used these footed pajamas as the base for his costume, so I did the same for this year’s costume. Most Minnesota Halloween’s are chilly so having a warm base for a costume is essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Los Angeles Wedding Hair Accessories & Los Angeles Wedding Veils

Table Of Content A Show-Stopping Headpiece A Frosty Addition Find even more wedding ideas, inspo, tips, and tricks Starfish Wedding Hair Pin...